First of all …
What is a Dog-Show?
The primary purpose of a Dog-Show is to evaluate the results of breeding and the breed’s breeding animals compared to the breed standard.
The second purpose of a Dog-Show is to offer an opportunity to exchange experiences, to learn more about different dog breeds and to compete in competition with other dogs.
10, Circuit de la Foire Internationale
from 7.00 – 10.00 am
from 10.00 am
FCI Groups 1, 5, 6, 8, 9
from 10.00 am
FCI Groups 2, 3, 4, 7, 10
from 10.00 am
At the 98th IDS we organize a Junior-Handling competition.
The inscriptions may be done at the Secretariat of the show in Hall 8A.
The fee is 10.- Euro.
The judgments will take place in the collecting ring of the Main ring at 11.00 o’clock
In the Main ring at 14.30 o’clock the finals will be judged.
Judges list update
Mrs Ingrid Hectors will judge the following breeds:
Mrs Myriam Vermeire will additionally judge the following breeds:
Important update of the show regulations
- The exhibitors has to present a certified copy of the pedigree of their dog as well as the European pet passport if the dog lives in a member country of the EU or the international certificate if the dog lives in a third country with the identification of the dog and the required rabies vaccinations at the entrance of the show and when asked for.
- The FCL refuses all entries and presentations of dogs with cropped ears or a docked tail at its dog show and the dog shows organized by FCL members or canine associations affiliated to one of its members. Only dogs born anuran are accepted under the condition that an official certificate drawn up by a veterinary, the pedigree or an DNA-test will track this status.
- In addition to combing or brushing dogs, any other intervention and any use of products are prohibited in the preparation of dogs for the show area and in the surrounding area. The use of the so-called gallows is expressly forbidden.
- The “double handling” (i.e. attracting the dog’s attention from outside the ring) is strictly prohibited. The reason why the dog was rated “Cannot be judged” has to be stated in the judge’s report.
The free pdf catalog will be available for download on Saturday 31st of August as well as on Sunday 1st of September 2019 from 7.00 am.
Catalog of Saturday, August 31st, 2019
Groups 1 – 5 – 6 – 8 – 9
Catalog of Sunday, September 1st, 2019
Groups 2 – 3 – 4 – 7 – 10
1. Minor Puppy
* Decreasing price (-10,00 €) for the following dogs of the same owner except Minor Puppies, Puppies and Veterans.
Don’t leave dogs in the car!
The luxembourgish animal protection law is among the strictest in the whole of Europe. Any infraction found by the security services will be immediately reported to the police. Afterwards, the luxembourgish justice could seize the dogs, pronounce a general prohibition to keep animals, and condemn the accused to very substantial fines.
Consider the consequences before leaving your dog in the car – for the sake of your best friend!
The veterinary control at the entrance of the dogs from 7.00h to 10.00h will be under the exclusive responsibility of the Veterinary Services Administration of the Grand-Duchy of Luxembourg.
Be aware that controls are performed very consistently. Be aware that controls are performed very consistently. The omission of the Pet Passport (s) or an outdated passport will necessarily result in the exclusion of the dog. Please make sure that your dog has received the mandatory vaccine against rabies* and that it is still up to date.
To ensure a smooth flow of controls, please keep your confirmation letter and the Pet Passport(s) of your dog(s) ready when arriving at the entrance. Please note that the presentation of the up to date Pet Passport is also mandatory for non-registered dogs, as well as for visiting dogs entering through the visitors entrance.
* for dogs originating from an EU member state.
5,00.- € ttc/jour
(parking on the main parking = parking nord and indoor parking = parking sud)
Parking fees will be collected by the staff ‘Luxexpo, The Box’ at the exit of the car park.
Busses & camping cars*
Daily rate for autonomous vehicle:
(without water or electricity connection):
15,00.- € ttc for each calendar day
(parking at the main parking area = parking nord)
an area reserved for these vehicles will be demarcated.
Map of the Luxexpo ground
Map of the Luxexpo location
and the parking area
LUXEXPO THE BOX
Circuit de la Foire Internationale
*Campervan pitches can not be reserved in advance and will be allocated subject to availability. The sticker must be paid on-site upon arrival.
Staying in Luxembourg with your dog
Hotels (accepting dogs)
Below we offer a selection of hotels that accept dogs. You can consult the complete list of all the accomodations of Luxembourg-city and surroundings on the website of the Luxembourg city tourist office.
- Sep 19, 2019 ciel dégagé 14° C
- Sep 20, 2019 ciel dégagé 15° C
- Sep 21, 2019 ciel dégagé 20° C